Publishing your work On YSCI-FI does not tie you to the site in any way. YSCI-FI does not affect your freedom to market, publish, or sell work you post to the Site. When posting your work to the Site, the format of your work may be altered for presentation purposes ( including adding a featured image ), but YSCI-FI Site will not alter any copyright notices contained in your work or the content of your work.
When registering on YSCI-FI and posting content you give YSCI-FI non-exclusive rights to display your work at no cost. Please See YSCI-FI Terms and conditions for more info .
Your work is covered by copyright as soon as pen hits paper so to speak, as soon as the words are saved on your computer. Copyright is however quite complex and at YSCI-FI we advise all writers and posters of content on the site to learn the basics so as to know your own rights. Please see https://www.gov.uk/topic/intellectual-property/copyright to learn more.
Your work is covered by copyright even if it does not display a copyright notice, however, at YSCI-FI we ask you to put a copyright notice on your work before you post it ( see formatting guide)
What does a notice consist of?
- Year of publication
- Copyright owner’s name
Copyright © 2017 Peter Ants.
Please note that you are liable for and legal costs if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing or that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification. In addition, you can be sued by the author for making a false accusation. If you have any questions about whether you should file a notification of a counter notification, we suggest that you first contact a solicitor.
Notification of Infringement
Please send us an e-mail containing the following info
- Link to the story in question on our site, plus the author’s details as displayed on our site
- Your real name, address, email address, and phone number
- An electronic copy of the work that you believe was infringed
- Details of copyright registration if you have any.
- Please include the following signed statement. “I believe in good faith that the use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I swear that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Submit the email to YSCI-FI
If you don’t provide all the info requested above the notice will be deemed void.
What we do next
Once the notice containing all the required information has been received, we will temporarily remove the implicated infringed work from public access, thereby eliminating all legal liability to YSCI-FI. We will notify the author of the infringed work once it has been removed. If the author believes they have been implicated by mistake, they will be given the option to file a counter-notice as described below.
If you believe you have been mistakenly implicated for infringing material, you can send us a counter notice via email. Please take legal advice from the Citizens Advice bureau and or a solicitor first before sending us a counter-notice to ensure you know your rights.
Please include the following in your counter notice.
- Link to the story in question on our site, plus your author details as displayed on our site
- Your real name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Copyright registration details if you have any.
- A signed statement containing the following: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I in good faith belief that the material was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed. I consent to the rulings of the court dealing with the implication of infringed work, and that I will accept service of process from the person who provided the notice of infringement or an agent of such person.”
- Submit the email to YSCI-FI
If you don’t provide the information above, and fail to do so after a good faith attempt by us to contact you, then your counter notice will be deemed void and your work will be permanently removed from the Site.
What we do next
After we receive a copy of the counter-notice containing the required information, we will promptly submit a copy to the sender of the original copyright infringement notice. They will also be informed that the disputed material will be returned to public access in 10 business days unless prior to such 10 day period the following action is taken.We must receive a signed notice from the person that submitted the infringement notice that such person has filed an action in the courts to restrain the accused author from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material posted on our Site. This notice must be sent to YSCI-FI Once this notice is received, the material will be removed pending the result of the copyright dispute in the courts.
Please note that our copyright policy is subject to change where we see fit.
Use the e-mail address below for all disputes